The Contact slot from Play’n GO is undoubtedly among the most visually-impressive slot games around. The backdrop is decorated with stunning ancient temples to bring the Mayan theme to life and the music is genuinely enchanting. When you play the slot on mobile, it is optimised for portrait mode, and the symbols drop down in the grid. You must match 5+ symbols in a connected cluster on the 5 reels to win, and these can appear vertically and/or horizontally.
The symbols in Contact include 5 distinct animal carvings and 4 Mayan masks. Purple offers the greatest rewards, as you get 1.5x your stake for each symbol that makes up a winning cluster. That means if you land 5, you earn 7.5x your stake. Winning clusters won’t disappear; instead, the other symbols are removed so that the winning ones drop down and lock in place. New symbols will then appear from above, potentially growing the existing cluster or creating new ones. This goes on until no new winning combinations are formed.
There is a Win Multiplier in Contact. If you manage to fill the 2nd, the 4th or the 6th row with winning symbols, you are awarded a 2x, 3x or 4x multiplier. If you are lucky enough to build winning clusters right up to the highest row, you will trigger the Bonus Round. There is even a Super Bonus Round for players who manage to fill the full grid with a winning cluster.
The Bonus Rounds
Once you trigger that Bonus Round, it’s all about the free spins. There are 3 free spins in the Bonus Round, and 6 in the Super Bonus Round. Your winning clusters will stay on the grid throughout, so you are only able to increase your potential winnings in both bonus rounds.
The Bonus Round works like this. You can fill rows 2, 3, 5 or 6 with scoring symbols for a 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x multiplier. Filling rows 1, 4 or 7 will result in 1 of these 3 special features:
- Block Destroyer: this will destroy one of the multiplier blocks, allowing other multipliers to drip down and an additional one to appear at the top. This may increase your multiplier.
- Symbol Upgrade: this allows you to upgrade one of your winning clusters to 1 level higher for greater multipliers.
- Extra Free Spins: this feature will grant you 1 more free spin.
During the Super Bonus Round, a row that has winning clusters within will give one of those special features in addition to the win multiplier. The special features have a more powerful effect:
- Block Destroyer destroys 3 multiplier blocks instead of 1, and your multiplier can increase up to 30x.
- Symbol Upgrade levels up all your winning clusters to the next level of symbol.
- Extra Free Spins provides 3 more spins instead of just 1.
It may seem complicated but Contact is pretty simple once you get going. It’s all about creating winning clusters, whilst simultaneously boosting your multipliers by filling rows. The Super Bonus Round is where the biggest wins are found – you can win as much as 1,517.5x your stake. The variance is high, and the RTP is a respectable 96%.